Sunday, January 4, 2009

Super 8, Leica, and Diana

Three cameras of my dreams. I've been obsessive about research on the Super 8 for the past two days, but have known and loved it for many years now. I'm strongly considering.....definitely considering Super 8, dreaming of a Leica (though too expensive for my budget at the moment), and will likely get a Diana. Sigh....

Its been a fulfilling and inspiring day of super 8 videos, looking for pictures and finding the aesthetic of the Diana camera (which i am instantly in love with), and research. slurp....

here were some of my favorite videos from the Super 8 research...

One i loved in particular was a documentary of people who traveled to New Zealand to go surfing. Makes me want to pick up and go...






1 comment:

onsuper8 said...

Super 8 is gorgeous and gives imagery like nothing else - have a look at the films on our podcast at www.onsuper8.org

G